Thursday, April 22, 2010

Life. Love. Events. Random.

- I am dying (I never know if this is the correct spelling. I would always assume it would be 'dieing' but t9 would never accept that so I am never quite sure) to get our engagement pictures back. If you know me at all, you know patience is not one of my strong suits. If I see something or have my mind on something it is hard for me to get my mind off of it. I think I have done a really good job of keeping my mind occupied and am proud to say I have only bugged our photographers one time asking the status of our pics :)

- Matt & I have pre-marital counseling this weekend with Dr. Steve Gerali. I am so excited about this. He is doing the welcome portion of our ceremony and maybe a few places after that. He has played a huge role in my life during the past 5 years. Matt has also gotten to know him during the last year or so and we are just so excited for him to be a part of this season.

- It is freezing this morning in Cali so I ran in to our school's little market to grab my favorite guilty pleasure trashy cappuccino machine french vanilla coffee...you know...the one where you push a button and under it it says, "release the button when cup is 2/3 full". Yes, I have worked for Starbucks for 6 years, but that dang machine gets me every. time.

- My golden birthday is in 5 days.

- Saturday, we will be attending James (Katelyn's brother) & Tara's wedding in Laguna Beach. Got Matt a practically brand new wardrobe of dress clothes for the occasion. thank God he doesn't object to me playing dress up with him. and i got myself a new dress, too.

- which brings me to my next topic. after 8 months, I have lifted my ban of absolutely no new clothes. I feel as though I have done a wonderful job of depriving myself and am still not buying clothes when and wherever I feel the need. But when a $90 dress gets knocked down to $20 and I happen to look knock out in it...all i can say is pictures to come...you will understand...oh, and i bought some honeymoon clothes, too...

- I am really in to chocolate covered raisins right now.

- countdown to maier: 51 days.

- please pray for Hudson. He had one of his episodes again the other day. He has what is called chiari malformation. a portion of his brain did not fully develop so he is prone to seizures and other health problems. He has only had 2 episodes but they are very scary when they occur. They are in Disneyland right now and I just got this from my brother. his favorite is lightening mcqueen. in fact, Casey & Katelyn got so sick of watching Cars with him that they tried to turn him on to Finding Nemo. When they put it in, he said, "no thank you fishy, no thank you. lyneen mcgween!". Sorry, that is my proud auntie story.

- Matt & I got to listen to the greatest sermon on marriage last night called 2Drink. If you want, please click the link and listen and enjoy. It opened up really good conversation for our drive yesterday. We want to be as prepared for marriage as possible and this sermon will help for years to come. I think I have blogged about the sermon before, but I can't remember...anyways, it's PG-13 for sure, and is the most downloaded podcast in the church's history. haha. people just want to listen to what the pastor has to say about sex I guess...go figure...

- If you haven't already tried it, go to your nearest neighborhood Starbucks or Sprouts and purchase HINT water. I am seriously obsessed with it. It is a blackberry natural flavored water and, as it's title claims, is a very subtle hint of blackberry. zero sugar. zero chemicals (i.e. splenda, s&l, etc.). zero calories. so delicious. the bux only has blackberry but word on the street is sprouts has a plethora of flaves.

- Made my MAC appointment for the big. day.

Anyways, I am going to join my classmates in finally listening to the lecture being preached...all I know is I keep hearing debates and scattering of these words: 'pre-tribulation', 'post-tribulation', 'new jerusalem', 'how come...' and other things that we nerds in seminary love to discuss... or rather...debate about...

2 comments:

hopefeathers said...

carley! i think that we'd be such great friends if we lived near each other :) starbucks, chocolate covered raisins, guilty obsession with "gas station coffee", and i as well am anxiously looking forward to seeing your engagement photos! i bet they are adorable!

carleyverlene said...

haha :) love it. then move to arizona! (or hell, as I so affectionately refer to it)...or better yet...LET'S ALL MOVE BACK TO MINNESOTA!!!!!!!!