Monday, April 26, 2010

Golden.





Being that this is my golden birthday eve, I am going to journey back through some of my favorite birthday memories...

1. (not the age, just the first memory of the bunch) My mom made aprons with all of our little names on them and we baked.
2. I had a gymnastics birthday where everyone came in their leotards. I have a picture from this birthday where I stuck ALL of my bows to every part of my body and on top of my head. super cute.
3. I remember my brother always getting me the best gifts ever. He always did. And still does.
4. My family always comes in to my room on my birthday morning banging pots and pans together singing happy birthday. always. still. even at 27.
5. I remember I had the flu for one of my birthdays but I got a lounge chair and I remember sitting in it, sick as a dog, opening presents.
6. I got my horse for my 16th birthday. Her name was April and she was a beauty.
7. I remember my birthday at an indoor water park. That was also the first time I ever saw one of my friends (the most developed girl in our class) wearing a 2-piece and I was so jealous. I was still in gymnastics at this point...you get the picture...
8. My parents have this neon pink sign they had made for me when I was little and it says HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLEY in pink and it's so 80's. We still have it.
9. I remember having a surprise party thrown for my 16th birthday. There were probably over 100 people there and everyone signed the neon pink sign. My parents even had the coolest band that had all of the hottest guys in school play. (B.J., Eric, Mark, ...sigh...)
10. A few years ago, my mom, Katelyn and Sarah came bursting through the doors of my Starbucks with bandanas on their faces and bubble guns and kidnapped me from work and ushered me to Disneyland!
11. Last year, Matt took me to Disneyland, too...it was his first time ever going!
Here's a pic:


12. We had a pajama, breakfast for dinner party two years ago. That was fun. Hot. but fun...Dena & Chrissy put so much time and effort in to that party...I remember that...Here is the hot I was talking about...

13. I remember having a surprise party a few years ago too...I think 24...A few of us tried to throw something together when, unbeknown to me, they emailed everyone telling them to fake an excuse as to why they couldn't come...I got so sad when the party dwindled down to like 4 of us...but they were ALL waiting at a house to surprise me...It was a Japan reunion of sorts so everyone we just went on the trip with was there and we reminisced all night. So much fun.
14. I always feel so special on my birthday. So many people text and call that I would never imagine would remember...thanks to everyone for always making my birthdays so special and memorable...

27. you don't scare me.

oh yeah...here is one sneak peak of the rest of our engagement pics...matt hasn't seen them yet and I don't want to put the cart before the horse but I can't resist sneaking just one!

so incredible, right? I love that I got these at the absolute most intense portion of my semester so I can't just stare at them all. day. long. 

More to come...:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow...so beautiful...it hurts...

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Car! Its weird how many birthday stories we have in common, we will have to compare notes sometime. I definitely had a gymnastics bday when I was little, and a surprise 16th, and the early morning birthday wake-up by the family.... and the sign.... haha I knew we were friends for a reason! Love you!

Lucy said...

my memory of your birthday... taco night at the Pinery!! :)