Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Alter Ego

When I get tiny small amounts of time during my day (i.e. before bed, breaks at work, breaks from homework, etc.) I have been trying to squeeze in episodes of L.A. Ink. I have a few tiny tattoos and I just love the world of tattooing (sorry dad).  This show basically catalogs the daily happenings inside Kat Von D's tattoo shop. 

So it has me thinking...

If I could live the life of my alter ego, if I could do something else totally different from where my life is headed (pastor) it would be to be a tattoo artist. Hands down. In fact, a part of me came pretty close to calling around to the tattoo shops in the state and see if they need receptionists. I'm sure I could figure out how to get over the tingly feeling whenever I hear or see a needle go in to someone's skin (or maybe I could find brave clients who are willing to get tattooed by a closed-eyed tattoo artist?). Whenever I watch the show and watch artists like Corey (who freehands tattoos on people's skin), Hannah (who has insane color pop) or Kim Saigh (my secret favorite...shhh..don't tell the others Her tattoos are so flowly and masterful) I just wish that I could be friends with them and get to know them. Plus, I think Kat Von D is one of the most beautiful girls in the whole world...

Anyways, just some additional thoughts during this 14 hour class day...

No comments: