Monday, February 15, 2010

Daniel Fast...

As some of you know the Lenten Season is upon us.  This means that Christians choose one thing that would hurt or be challenging for them to give up for 40 days, from Ash Wednesday until Easter.  Some examples are soda, chocolate, junk food, television, facebook, I gave up make-up one year (way harder than i even anticipated).  Well, this year, in preparation for Lent, Matt & I struck up a conversation about what we wanted to each give up.  He suggested that we fast from all solid food (he's crazy). I counter-offered with what is called the Daniel Fast.

Starting Wednesday, we will dwindle our diet down to fruit, veggies, lentils, nuts, and whole grains, water, 100% fruit & veggie juice.

For. Forty. Days.

If you want to read the story from Daniel's account you can read it here .

As I was talking to my girls (aka my friends in my program) about our plan, Kaylyn said she wanted to do it, too. So now she & her husband are all stocked up, too! I am so excited to go through this experience together and share in our hurts, pains, and more importantly our growth.

Wish us luck, and keep us all in your prayers. I will keep you all posted with updates on how we are doing...

ps...until then, I am eating everything in sight....

1 comment:

Kaylyn Machelle said...

i love doing life with you.