Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Today...

Today, my husband becomes Mr. Maier.

He gets to meet 50-or-so-some-odd-students who will call him 'teacher' for the 2010-2011 (gosh, already??) school year.

I wish you could have seen his face this morning. As he put on his button down shirt and tied his tie and perfectly placed each hair in to position. He was beaming with excitement. I could practically hear his heart pounding out of his chest. And I had to fight the urge to capture him on camera by our front door with his brief case (the urge was easier to fight being that I didn't have to be at work until 9 and he left at 7:15, so I did not really want to climb out of our warm, cozy bed more than to hug and kiss him and make sure his colors matched). 

Today, he gets to fulfill his life long dream of becoming a teacher.

In college, he naturally declared a major of mechanical engineering, even though that was not his true desire...because it would make more money and it would sound more prestigious and would not take much studying...but he could never run away from the ever-creeping desire and want to become a teacher...

So today is the day he fulfilled his lifelong dream. and I am so proud of him. and so happy to support him.

and maybe...just maybe...i will snap a photo of him coming home from his first day :)

No comments: