Tuesday, May 4, 2010

With the Dawn we all begin again...

So I recently purchased Dave Barnes' new cd and it is amazing. I have been listening to it on repeat.

But there is a particular line from the song that is proving particularly true to me this morning.

and it is the title of this post.

with the dawn, we all begin again.

If I were to line up my days from best day ever to i-might-as-well-go-to-bed-and-try-this-all-again-tomorrow, yesterday would have been directed way towards the latter.

  • I had to fine tune a 30 page paper. I am sick to death of looking at this paper. It has been constantly rearing it's ugly head at me for weeks and weeks. 
  • I lost my library of sources that I have been compiling for two years of seminary.
  • Matt locked his keys and cell phone in his car.
  • My family is just going through hardship that seems to never ever ever ever end.
  • I compiled a study guide with a few people that ended up being 18 pages single space. I have to memorize it all before Thursday.
I opened yesterday and worked until 10am. After that, I went straight to work on all things education. I finally raised my white flag at 7:30 with the sorest eye pain I have ever felt.
I had dinner with my parents and went. to. sleep. I was out by 8:14 pm.

I woke up this morning to Matt walking in my bedroom just to say good morning.

With the dawn, I will begin again today. This is a lesson for all of us. I will not let yesterdays frustrations, hurts, and pains affect my today. As much as they are war-ing for my continued time and attention. They are not worthy.

I grew up watching the wonderful girly movie series "Anne of Green Gables". It takes a solid 6 hours to watch all of these movies. But in one particular movie and one particular scene, Anne's teacher tells her these inspiring words: "tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it."



And in a few days, school will be over and I will be able to turn my attention on my impending marriage to the man Jesus blessed me with.


plus, i woke up this morning to the most amazing facebook message from my oldest friend telling me he would be praying every day from today until June 12th for Matt's and my marriage. He reminded me to take time to enjoy these days preceding the wedding, not letting the possible stress overcome the reason we are doing this in the first place. Another reason why I love the family of God so dearly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE YOU CARLEY!!!!!!!!!