Sunday, May 9, 2010

i am a senior.

This week has been a roller coaster of emotions, to say the least.

It all began with an intense Monday and Tuesday that left me not wanting to face the rest of the week.  The freedom of Friday felt so far away, I was certain it would never come.

Wednesday, as I began my trek out to Cali, I decided on listening to a sermon rather than studying for my final. I will update more in detail about the sermon I listened to but let's just say, God spoke straight to me through that sermon.  My mom always tends to have these quiet times that leave her feeling that God was speaking directly to her. I am always secretly jealous of this because she always gets up from her quiet times and says, "oh.my.gosh.carley.listen.to.this.perfect.devotion.i.had.this.morning."  But I had one of those moments on Wednesday on my way to school.  I was scrolling through my, oh.so.many. podcasts and settled on one by a man I had never heard of before, who was filling in for a pastor of one of my subscribed podcasts. It was nothing short of amazing. More on that later...

I finished my final on Thursday, and to this day refuse to think another minute about how I did. or whether I forgot to include this definition, or that fact. The rest of the day was pretty wonderful as we moved to a lunch provided by the Kerns and a bit of family time for one.last.time. with our seniors. Thursday night, in Church&Society was probably the best class session we had. Perhaps because it was the first time I sat in class without my computer.  Kaylyn decided she would not bring her computer to classes because we didn't really have any classes to sit through other than C&S. I followed her lead and, though I poked fun at her, was thoroughly delighted not to be disrupted by my computer. Our discussion was just so great.

Friday, then, the kern girls went hiking together. Here's a pic.



We just had the most glorious time on the most beautiful trail, spending quality hours together.

Friday night, Andrea graduated with her MDIV!!! So exciting. Though a tiny pang of jealousy was felt, i was way more proud of her and so happy for her. She had the honor of being asked to speak at graduation and she.killed.it. She did such a beautiful job and I was so proud of her.

Saturday. I. did. nothing. I mean literally. nothing. I stayed in my pj's all day and watched episodes of the office, glee, and la ink and read some good old h.p. for the second round. It was glorious. Although nearly every hour, I had to remind myself not to feel guilty, I managed to have a great day all by myself.

Today, I went to Laguna Beach by myself to enjoy some sabbath time. Part of my learning agreement for internship was to participate in a sabbath time and I am embarrassed to say I failed miserably. But I have been very convicted of this and my site supervisor, Paul, just so happened to do his Bible study at our staff meeting on sabbath. So I went down to the beach all by myself today and had some time with Jesus. It was wonderful. I read "Turn My Mourning Into Dancing", by Henri Nouwen and it is so good. I only got to page 11 because nearly every sentence I had to stop to contemplate what was being said. It was incredible. and i enjoyed my favorite ever gelato that is my favorite in the world.

Anyways, that's a quick update on my life recently and I now find myself entering my final year of seminary. So crazy. It has gone by so quickly and will only continue to do so. Thanks for reading! and supporting!

No comments: