Monday, May 31, 2010

My friend...

So for the past few days I have been conducting in my mind a list of reasons why I miss my friend Kaylyn. On Friday, I had planned my next blog post to be a whole ton of reasons why I miss her.

I could say it was because we can be sitting in a four hour class, and something so funny could happen that we can't even look at each other because we would burst out laughing.

Or because she is so very blunt and honest. What she thinks often comes out of her mouth...in the very best way...(i.e. the very first time I realized I could become good friends with this girl, we were riding in the back seat of our friend's car having a conversation and with out skipping a beat she says, "um excuse me but can you please clean your sunglasses off. they are distracting me.")

Or possibly because we are very similar in our likes and dislikes and passions.

I miss her because she is the one I want to tell all of my exciting life events to, first. She was the first person (after m&d) that found out about engagement. Matt's job. etc.

Maybe it's because I texted her crying my eyes out (I'm pretty sure we have never actually talked on the phone before) and she was dead serious in offering to meet me half way if we drove til we saw each other. She is that kind of friend. 

She spurs me on in my relationship with Christ with out even trying. She inspires me to be the very best me.

She has been so excited for Matt and me and cannot wait until I join her in the mrs. club.

For all of these reasons I just miss my friend, Kaylyn. Because she lives in California. And I live in Arizona.

Well, like I mentioned in a previous post this week, Matt had my manager give me my Saturday closing shift off from work and I had zero idea why.

Saturday morning, I woke up and was lounging around the house. I was chatting with my parents and sulking that Matt was headed off to a morning of work *(when I figured he had the day off because he got me the day off).

All of the sudden, I hear the door open and the dogs go crazy barking (if you have been to my house, you know what I am talking about...)

In the door, walks my good friend,

kaylyn.

I immediately start crying my eyes out. Because I missed my friend Kaylyn so much. 
She woke up at 3:30am just to come spend 32 hours with me. To help me glue programs and gems all day long. And I got to show her my work and my future apartment and my current home and my church and my favorite coffee shop and my favorite restaurant (pita jungle). She came in to my Arizona world. And she fit pretty well, too.

2 comments:

Kaylyn Machelle said...

:) gosh, i love you. i will always drive when you need me to. thanks for being my forever friend.

Unknown said...

YAY Kaylyn!!! I am so so glad that Carley has such a great friend in you out in Cali! I'm sad I missed out on meeting your over the weekend but I will for surely be meeting your in less than 2 weeks! :)