Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dear Jesus,

I know you have said that you will not give us anything more than we can handle.

I am living the words and promises found in this verse. My family has had a lot of hardship during the past ten years with my dads jobs. We find ourselves at square one, once again. But I know you are faithful. I know that you are aware that we are almost about to buckle under the load that is above us right now. I pray the promises of this verse and so many others like it in the Bible. I know that you love to bask in the happiness of us, your children.

So I pray for my dad. Please find him a church that will love and support him as much as our family does. We know his potential. We know his heart. We know his capability. And we know that he is hurting so deeply right now and does not have confidence in himself. I see the look in his eyes. And better yet, so do you. Jesus, I ask that the leads for jobs that he has will pull through some way, some how and that he will be loved and cared for by a church once again.

I also know that one of my mom's and my greatest weakness is found in one word: fear.

or two words: fear. anxiety.

or three words: fear. anxiety. worry.

But Jesus, you also tell us not to worry. So I am trying to live that verse out, too. My natural instinct during situations like this is to panic and shut down and freeze and cry and despair. But not this time. Satan does not have my corner on the market. He cannot scare me. Because I know that my family rests in your hands. And those hands are much bigger than mine or my dads.


I love you a lot. Thanks for the beautiful breeze. Thanks for the sleeping stellapuppydog beside me. Thanks for making me feel so loved not only by my family and Matt but by everyone who has attended showers, and sent gifts, and helped with decorating. I feel so much love around me.

I lay these things at the foot of the cross and will try. really. hard.  not to pick them up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

praying...

love you!