Thursday, May 27, 2010

Reasons I love Summer...

So I was in Sprouts today and as I was browsing the aisles, I found myself getting super excited for summer...here are a few reasons why

1. watermelon. I think I was told that I loved watermelon as a kid (what kid didn't?) but somewhere in my pre-adolescent and teenage years I fell out of love with it. During the past few summers, however, I have been re-introducing this nifty little fruit back in to my diet. And I'm loving it.

2. corn. I saw people rummaging through the corn bin today, shucking it to make sure it was ripe and ready for consumption. i love corn. wait....let me specify....CORN ON THE COB!

3. sunday afternoons at my parent's house. Almost every sunday during the summer we spend in the pool. It is a simply wonderful tradition that I thoroughly enjoy. The pool is like 90-95 degrees and it is just so wonderful to wade in the water or float on rafts and eat fruit and relax.

4. Summer dresses. Enough said.

5. Summer nights. Arizona summers are not for the faint of heart. Sorry to all of those out-of-town guests that have to travel here in a few short weeks for our nuptials. But...but but but...summer nights are gorgeous. They are just warm enough to not need a sweater or cardy but cool enough to be able to sit on the patio and sip lemonade or a little pinot.

6. Peaches. Again. At Sprouts. Smelling peaches.

7. HINT. Ok. Not like I am about to tell you a secret. But the brand of water. I know there are so many competing brands of water out there (some claim to make you smarter. some claim to fill you with antioxidants and electrolytes. some boast weightloss.) but HINT water is simply the best. I know I have blogged about it before but I hit the jackpot today at Sprouts. Here are the flavors of natural water currently found in my refrigerator. These are completely natural, mind you...no splenda or nutrisweet here...
  • watermelon
  • peppermint
  • grapefruit-mango
  • pomegranate-lime
  • pear
I kid you not. These little numbers are going to carry me through summer. They are so refreshing and delicious. AND if you are on a budget, you only have to use half a bottle combined with normal water and you still get the taste! D-LISH

In other news, Matt had my manager give me the day off Saturday (I was supposed to close) and I have no idea why nor will he tell me...hopefully I have some fun reports at a later date about that...

No comments: