Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dressed in blue...

Today, I will attend my Noni's memorial service.

I have learned a few lessons this week.

1. Always tell someone you love them before you hang up or depart from them
2. Family is family forever
3. Don't blog unless you're willing to read it.

During the service today, I will be reading my "What Really Matters" post. My mom read it and insisted it be read during the service so, being the ultimate public speaker that I am, I will brave the possible impending tears, and read my blog. For Noni.

We will also be wearing blue in her memory. She loved the color and practically her whole house was devoted to blue (chairs, wall paper, blankets, china, etc.).

We are doing one incredible thing at the service that I want to share.

My Noni loved and adored ice cream. As I wrote about a few posts ago, my Noni's cupboards were not always filled with the healthiest of items, but she never hid it. When she went in for her heart surgery a few years back, she got on the good side of all of her nurses and coaxed them to give her ice cream along with every single meal. She got ice cream. Three times a day. And her last two meals she ever ate in her life. were ice cream.

So, today, we will each be taking a spoonful of ice cream at the end of her service, and toasting a spoonful of ice cream to Non.

No comments: