Wednesday, March 31, 2010

8:00

After working almost 11 hours today and having to open at 4am tomorrow morning, I will be going to bed at 8:00 tonight.


Last year, Dena came home from one of her classes buzzing about this speaker who talked in one of her classes about how crucial sleep is. He talked about how our body goes through what are called 'sleep cycles'. Our body completes a sleep cycle every hour and a half. If you wake up in the middle of a sleep cycle, you generally wake up feeling...well...like crap.

Ever since she told me this, I have been testing it out.

It works. like. a. charm.

I can wake up at 4am having gotten 6 hours of sleep (3 complete sleep cycles) and feel better than if I slept 7 hours (because you wake up in the middle of a sleep cycle at 7 hours).

I. dare. you.

Give it a try. It works.

No comments: