Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful...

This will somewhat resemble my typical "i love..." posts, but in the interest of this looming holiday, it's got a bit of a stereotypical, cheesy, beautiful twist...

1. I am thankful for a husband who is my exact match. There are moments when we are giggling or tickling each other or praying that I sneak a peak at him and could just cry praising God for his goodness.
2. I am thankful that I am back in ministry again. In the brief weeks since I have been back on a youth ministry staff, I could name a thousand little things I am thankful for: community, teaching, learning, growing, connecting, laughing, bonding and loving these girls that I have been given the privilege to live life with.
3. I am thankful that my parents are back in ministry. Enough said.
4. I am thankful for all the foods I get to eat that are, in fact gluten free! There are so many! Perhaps I shall pen a future post about the wonders of gluten free options.
5. I am thankful for the Kern family. These incredible people, whom I have never officially met, are following God with their giving and this means that I get an education that would have otherwise been outside of my means. I am eternally indebted and will repay them by living my life serving the church.
6. I am thankful that I have maintained a steady job through all of our country's economic woes. Not only that, but I am so thankful to work for a manager and district manager that I love with all of my heart.
7. I am thankful for my entire extended family. I could seriously take each individual member and explain hundreds of ways they have encouraged and inspired me. They are truly a gift.
8. I am thankful for knowledge. As I took the strengths finder test, one of my strengths is 'learner'. I was not at all surprised by this because I could literally spend hours in the library studying commentaries and dictionaries on my weekly assignments. Because I know I am studying truth. Each deeper level I dive uncovers more truth within Christianity and it is so beautiful.
9. I am thankful for running water. My incredible church is very involved on an international level with bringing justice to those who are oppressed. As I have seen pictures of the difference that is being made, I am so humbled that I live in a country where I never have to wonder if water will be flowing from my sink or shower.
10. I am thankful for the friends God has blessed me with. I look at areas where I am weak and they are strong and how we can learn from one another and I marvel.
11. I am thankful for our first home. Yeah, it's a tiny one bedroom one bathroom apartment with more crickets than the entire state of Arizona. But it's home. And I am thankful...

No comments: