Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Nightmares...

I am sitting at home right now, watching one of my guilty pleasures (one of many) Say Yes To The Dress, and fantasizing about when it will be my turn. My turn to walk in to a shop for the first time and try on a beautiful white wedding dress...for a long time I didn't think that day would ever happen for me. (For a lot of the reasons I made my 2010 resolutions) But I have patience. And belief that my day will come...
which reminds me...
I have been having some of the strangest dreams/nightmares lately...
I have been dreaming that Matt is proposing and the first dream, a delivery man drops me off a box in my room, has me sign for it, and leaves...I open the box and it's a ring...an ugly ring...and he is nowhere to be found.
my most recent of dreams, he proposed with a quartz looking cloudy diamond...let me explain...
we have family cabin in payson with a dried out river bed. We oft go searching for treasures in this river bed (mostly with the little girls who LOVE looking for 'diamonds' as they call them) and return with dozens of little pieces of quartz that are usually, honestly, very pretty...but not for an engagement ring (wink wink)
back to the dream...
not only was it quartz, but I turned it over and looked at the diamond from the bottom and it was black. and it was a tiny band. I'm Italian and have been blessed with Italian, Noni hands. They are large. I need a big band. This ring was, let's just say, less than thrilling.

I have been warned from my friends in my program that these dreams would only continue and may even get worse (as a wedding ensues)

anyway...just reminded of my nightmares...:)

No comments: