Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's a New Year

Well, the hype of 2010 has settled, the confetti has fallen, so I will now begin making my list of resolutions for this great new year. I figured if I made a list January 1 it would be based on emotion and all of these great high expectations that leave me feeling unsettled and disappointed. So here they are folks...in no certain order

1. memorize scripture - my plan for this is to write out note cards and take them on my weekly commute from arizona to california.

2. love myself more - i have no plan for this yet...just cease to believe what hollywood says, as sara bareilles says, "The situation's always the same You got your wolves in their clothes whispering Hollywood's name Stealing gold from the silver they see
But it's not me"

3. do not worry - i will listen to the sermon from mars hill on not worrying (as much as needed until i believe it)

4. believe in myself - i tend to become overwhelmed easily, which causes me to doubt myself. this year i will have confidence in myself.

I decided I did not want to make any resolutions that would do anything but uplift and encourage me. If I fail, I will not chastise myself, but rather seek God's face.

What are some of your resolutions?