Monday, September 12, 2011

travis...

After Matt & I said "I do" we moved in to a teeny tiny one-bedroom apartment (actually, upon looking through home tours on apartmenttherapy, I have come to the conclusion that square footage can go a LOT smaller than our humble dwelling

We painted the wall behind our bed the color we created at our wedding ceremony 


During the past year-and-some-odd-months, we have done what we could to make our apartment home. 

And in May we decided it was time to bid farewell to our apartment and take steps toward purchasing our first home. Through a series of twists and turns and disappointments, the Lord made it clear to me that I had zero trust in Him in this department of my life. I had not taken in to consideration that He would want to reign sovereign even in the purchase of our home. But, alas, after several offers offered and all (each thousands over asking price) denied,  we decided to take a month off. 

I needed to clear my head and take time to pray and reset my heart so that our next round of looking could be a bit more Christ-centered and a bit less pain-staking.

two weeks ago we all re-convened at Starbucks to discuss our new plan of attack. Armed with listings, we set out for our first property. This property turned out to be a new home sales office. We decided it couldn't hurt to take a peek.

What we didn't realize at the time was this would be our last home-searching outing.

We walked in to the office and met Kelly, the sales agent. We continued to the second model home and fell in love. perfect floor plan. two stories. quaint. small back yard (bonus). three bathrooms. two and a half bathrooms. great pantry. I could go on and on.

Saturday, September 10, Matt & I signed papers to begin building our first home.

It still has yet to fully sink in for me. But I can tell you that God is good. He had his best in mind for us. He did not have it in his plan for us to buy a house that needed 10-15k worth of repairs to make it just right.

In 90 days, 249 S. Travis, will be ready for us to call home. Until then, I will stare at this picture of the model...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

How exciting! Gosh I'm so jealous that you know where you are going to be living, and that it is a NEW house. I want to see more pictures!

KMichelle said...

Carley! It is perfect! Thank you so much for sharing :)