Monday, September 26, 2011

Lately...

- We are no longer pursuing our home on Travis :( We received some insider information on the neighborhood that was less-than-glamorous and find ourselves, once again, waiting on the Lord

- My boss decided that she could no longer fight Christianity any longer and decided to believe in Christ yesterday :) :) :) :) 

- I got Matt 3 Christmas presents already! :) I love getting some shopping out of the way early so the checking account doesn't get hit quite so hard in December

- I have lost 6 pounds since I have been running and haven't changed my eating habits one bit (well I am juicing on occasion 

- I shaved 4 minutes off of my 3 mile time :)

- Our small group engaged in a "biblethon" where we read the book of Job out loud in 2 sittings. It was a really cool experience and I would really encourage you to get a group together and try it out. We are going to keep doing it with different books of the Bible in the future and hope to make it a regular thing...if you want more info on how to do it, let me know! 

- I burnt my lip on homemade pizza the other night and have a huge blister now :( 

- Made this pasta the other night and it was SO good! 

- Watched my Vikings go 0-3 this weekend...breakin' my heart

- Got hooked on Mary Kay face wash...the 2 women I know with the best skin in my life both sell Mary Kay so the stuff really sold itself...

- Spoke in a Q&A series at church last Sunday and next week I speak 4 times in both junior high and senior high services

- New Lady A cd? AMAZING. oh man. 

- Just got my new book, The Making of the New Testament: Origin, Collection, Text & Canon, in the mail...woo hoo! so excited for this read, y'all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which Mary Kay cleanser do you use? I have been wanting to try them, but there are so many to chose from!

carleyverlene said...

I use the "time-wise 3-in-1 cleanser"...(for normal to dry skin) it's a great system and I also bought their microderm kit too, which is great! I would recommend it...