Monday, October 11, 2010

Lately...

-I almost died in a plane crash...I wish I were kidding
- Matt scored the winning goal (and 2 more!) in his soccer championship :) 
- Tried a date (the fruit) shake at Hadley's off the I10 for the first time (oh, and saw the huge dinosaur that I evidently had missed for the past 5 years...)
- Went to Wisconsin for our senior Kern retreat and met 50 other amazing people who have had this same gift bestowed upon them. It was truly a rich time had by all
- Woke up with a cricket by my head on our bed. Did not go over well...
- Had a really great meeting with the Jr. High pastor at my church & am praying about heading back in to youth ministry :) 
- Started watching Friday Night Lights...verdict is still out...
- Currently spending 5 days in Cali with Matt & my parents enjoying fall break
- happy Columbus day! 
- Got all of our wedding flicks back...omg.
- Listened to the Freedom From The Fear of Man sermon for the 5th time: still got more out of it
- Can't stop watching Sister Wives. fascinating. 
- I really am feeling the weight of the semester already. I think I am going to take next week off. I need it
- Got to a new high level on brickbreaker. pretty exciting :) such. a. loser.
- Matt & I celebrate 4 months of marriage tomorrow. Gonna celebrate Disneyland style.
- Still have the itch to chop all my hair off.
- I got asked to endorse a book! When I have more information, I will disclose :) 
- During my meeting this week, I learned to much about myself and where I am along this crazy path called life and faith. I loved that I really backed up what was coming out of my mouth with the belief of my heart
- I get to enjoy this whole week with my husband! He has fall break so he is off & we get to spend some QT in California with my parents and each other. such a treat!
- I have a chance to talk and meet with a girl who has a potential to become a kindred spirit. We partnered up for a project in class and we have to interview each other and I can't wait! 
- I have been in a habit of underlining the word "refuge" as it refers to the Lord in the Bible and it pops up everywhere! I love the analogy of my Lord as my refuge. So comforting.
- Heard news that Matt & I are gaining another NEPHEW! Katelyn is having a boy! So far, the front running name is Max, but we shall see!!!
- Saturday we had a huge ol' family gathering at a local bar that played the Ohio State game. We all gathered for my cousin's birthday and it was such a sweet time! Matt **(who bleeds blue & gold, michigan) even supported the bucks with his scarlet and grey


My dear friends, I hope this post finds you well, happy, healthy and refreshed. I pray you will be encouraged this week and find beauty in the entering season of Fall. Fall is my favorite. Even though I do not get to experience the same fall as my minnesotan readers, I still adore it. Those of you who have the opportunity to see color on the trees, please do me a favor and go for a walk and breath in the beauty of color around you. You are fortunate. As for me, I will just go walk around Fall at Disneyland tomorrow :) 
Shalom, my friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Carley,
I LOVE reading your blogs. I feel closer to you when I read them. :) Even though life is crazy and we have had about 0 time to hang out over the past few months, ILOVEYOU and cherish our friendship. Praise God for who you are and who He is making you to be!!