Monday, July 12, 2010

Georgia.

I have been in Georgia the past few days (hence the lack of updating) and here are a few things I have learned in Georgia...

1. the roads are windy (not like breezy, but like wine-dy) here. like really really windy.
2. the girls all wear really really cute dresses. we came out to here for my cousin's wedding and good grief was there are parade of fashionable dresses. good thing i fit right in with an amazing anthropologie find that is no longer on their website or i would have linked it.
3. monogrammed bags, towels, picnic baskets, purses are the IT thing.
4. there are lightening bugs in georgia! love me some lightening bugs!
5. one word: humidity.
6. they really do use words like "yes m'am" (because as I'm typing this my cousin just answered her mom's simple question that way) and "well I'll be" and "y'all" and "can I get an amen" in every day jargon.
7. two words: baptist church
8. my husband gets a southern drawl when he is here. i mean authentic, think-he-was-born-a-southerner-accent. i realized this for the first time months and months ago when he talks to our arabic friends...but apparently, it is a very chamelionlike-does-not-discriminate-accent that adapts to whichever culture we are around...in aruba he sounds aruban and now he sounds like general lee.
9. three words: front porch swings

We have really had a blast being here. We realized that our Georgia family is just as amazing and authentic and incredible as our Arizona family. I have truly been blessed with some incredible family. and I do not take them for granted.

No comments: