Friday, December 17, 2010

The Search For Significance

Hey all...

So, I haven't written for awhile because, well to tell you the truth, I don't feel creative enough.

Satan has been doing (trying to do) a work on my self worth lately.  So I chose to read a book called The Search for Significance.  This book is such a gem if you struggle with self esteem, or beauty, or guilt or acceptance that you are God's beloved, or co-dependency, or so many other things.

While I was reading a particular portion, however, I felt so convicted. 

It is the chapter on shame. 

The author mentions that sometimes, shame can result in a loss of creativity.

check.

Lately, I have seriously not felt worthy enough, creative enough, or wise enough to write anything worth your time.  I would spend hours trying to think of something that would be captivating and leave people breathless. and nothing would come. I would open a new post and sit there with an empty head. and close my computer and walk away. feeling worse than I did when I originally sat down.

McGee (author) says, "When we are ashamed of ourselves over a period of time, the cutting edge of our creativity atrophies. We tend to become so preoccupied with our own inferiority that we are unable to come up with new ideas. Often believing that whatever we attempt will fail, we may choose to avoid doing anything that isn't a proven success and relatively risk-free."

So, from now on, I will continue to blog.



ps. thanks for reading

1 comment:

Lucy said...

just wanted to let you know my heart flutters with excitement when i open my google reader and see "carley.maier" in bold. please keep blogging :)
love lucy