Monday, August 13, 2012

I'm back.

Hi friends.

I realize it has been embarrassingly long since I have blogged and I'm not quite sure how to do this anymore. Plus, I'm not sitting at The Coffeeshop so I'm even more out of my element.

But alas, I will blog it out.

As I sat this evening reading through several old blog posts, I realize how much they are truly soothing to my soul. Blogging releases a certain amount of fear that bottles up inside of me. It allows me to unveil portions of my soul that are otherwise shoved down deep. But I feel I need to apologize to you, dear reader, because I am not blogging for you. For a while, I think I was. I would read and edit and chop up sentences that didn't sound fancy enough and just when I had as shiny of a blog post as I could conjure, I would post it as my status on Facebook and anxiously await for people to "Like" it or comment.

And as I read through blog posts of Yore, it has become clear to me that I get tripped up over the same hurdles in life over and over. And then I stand up, brush myself off...and get pummeled again. And so I hit my knees, praying that God will somehow, someway against all odds find it in His God-sized heart to take me back. Pitiful, broken, scared, scarred, wounded and all. But then I read things over and over throughout the span of Scripture that just enamor me.

That God is actually begging ME to take HIM back. He is waiting for me with open arms to stop hating myself, beating myself up, doubting myself, being fearful and just run in to His open arms. I read in Micah 6:3-5 when God is desperately trying to remind His people of His faithfulness. It makes me cry to read and just try to imagine God's broken heart as he pleads with them to remember. And I read through Hosea when God continually runs after His unrepentant people. And I read Song of Solomon, that, yes, is written about lovers but so beautifully portrays God's affection for His bride, The Church.  And I read of the Prodigal Son. Whose father sees him before he even knows about it and there is a party upon his return. And then I read of Jesus. Who loved us so much that He was innocent yet went to a cross to pay my penalty.

I know that 99% of my posts are written from The Coffeeshop. I also know that 99% of my posts include an excerpt from a song that is ripping through my soul. Well, my friend, I may be typing from the comfort of my own home this evening (yep, that's right...we have a HOME. OUR HOME), but I do have a song! So some things are still the same. Holy Cow. Christy Nockels. "Be Loved". Here are the words. But please go to Spotify or iTunes and please let her voice sooth that spot in your soul. 


Have you ever let yourself be loved, by the One who made you?
Have you ever told your soul to believe that His heart is on your side?

You could even try to run away but there's nothing you could do,

So just be loved. Be loved He loves you.
Just be loved. Be loved He loves you.

Have you ever let yourself be held by the One who holds this world?
Have you ever told your soul to rejoice, that His arms are open wide
You could even try to run away but He'd come running after you

So just be held. Be held He holds you.
Just be held. Be held He holds you.

We didn't earn it, He just chose to give it and it's in our resting that we rise up singing "Rejoice!" again I say, "Rejoice!" "Rejoice!" 

You are loved! Be loved, He loves you! 
You are loved! Be loved, He loves you! He loves you!  



Selah, my friends. He loves you. 
 

2 comments:

The Juarez Family said...

I'm glad your back. :) I love reading your blog.

carleyverlene said...

aw thanks, beth :)